• Start date
  • Replies 16 Comments
  • Views 395 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Guys, as the New Year approaches I wish you all good health and a very happy 2023.

This is a cover version from a 1979 album called “Rust Never Sleeps” by Neil Young.

I always loved this song and after about 3 years of thinking about recording a version, I finally did. I hope that a few of you like it.

:clap::clap::clap:
Excellent work in giving it your own style. Not always the biggest cover fan but kinda like for me love listening to Zombie but the cover version I hear played way different (don't know the band?) but it has grown on me enjoying it.

Last edited:
One of my freshman roommates in college was a huge Neil Young fan. Never felt strongly about him.

Good song and unique catchy cover @Tron. Thanks for sharing!

Good job,tough covering an iconic song.I liked the change in tempo,lots of singers cover a song and record it the exact same.

One of my first concerts was in the very early ‘90 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Sonic Youth opened up for them. Awesome show!

Great stuff Tron! 👊🏽

One of my first concerts was in the very early ‘90 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Sonic Youth opened up for them. Awesome show!

Great stuff Tron! 👊🏽
I saw that tour in Miami!

This is the original (this particular version is from Farm Aid)

You have a better voice than Neil Young. This version would be great playing during the closing credits of a “Sopranos” episode.

The lyrics really make you think about life.

I’m really thankful about leaving my several last girlfriends. Probably would have been more trouble than worth …

Found this one…

Thought you might enjoy it …