How Big is it, if Freeney can't play next Sunday?

• Start date
  • Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 1,095 Views

Archie

SP Nation and I Ruin things
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
torn ligaments? ouch....... how amazing would the Colts D have been, if Saunders had been healthy this year?

I think Freeney is HUGE, especially for this game..... even if he goes, he won't be anywhere near as effective. is this scaring any colts backers or potential backers? making anyone still on the fence jump towards the Saints?

Oddly enough, I like the Saints even with Freeney playing. I'm waiting for a decent number though. If I can find 6.5 or 7 anywhere, I'll be on them, and I almost always stay away from playoff NFL full game sides.

yeah i'd love to se 6.5 or 7 this week... and i think we have a good chance for that....

remember the Colts set a record for the most 3 point or less victories ever. they are good, but there 14-0 could have very easily have been 10-4 with a few made fg's by opposing kickers, a different strategy by Belichek.

heck if jacksonville 2x, Miami, sf,houston, NE, and Balt can all stay within 1 TD of Indy in those first 14 games. I give NO a more than fighting chance

Freeny and Mathis is the whole defense without Sanders in the secondary I lean towards the Saints

I feel like I will get sick of hearing about Freeney real soon. Think I heard on mike and mike today about all the stuff he is doing to heal up faster, like go into a hyperbaric chamber and things of that nature. I don't think there is a no way in heck that he would miss the super bowl, even if his ankle was broken. but how effective will he be?

The big question should really be whether it's really all for show or not. He certainly turned his ankle, but is it really that severe? I sort of doubt it. It's in the Colts best interest to milk this thing. The Saints will need to prepare with two different offensive mindsets because of it.