• Views 1,991 Views

stevek173

BANNED
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
This works.

Get a large bucket. Coat the upper inside of it with peanut butter NOT cheese (their obsession with cheese is a cartoon creation. peanut butter is like heroin to them). Make a staircase leading up to the side of the bucket with books or something similar. The mice fall into the bucket.

What I found is depending on the texture of the inside of the bucket they can grasp the sides with their claws and escape. What you can do about this is put some water in the bucket so that they fall and then drown. This trap in my experience works better than any traps out there and is much more messy, as grotesque as dumping drown mice out in the morning is (I learned this from a prior residence with an awful landlord). Much better than picking up a trap with a chopped mouse though or spending a fortune on other products.

Some other tips about mice:

WHAT MICE CAN SEE
While mice can't reliably see more than a few inches, they do have excellent peripheral vision that detects movement quite well. This is why, with you sitting stock still, watching television or something, mice will think no one's around, and the report we get is, "He came out when I was right there!" And then, of course, when the mouse detects your movement, he scampers away. The mouse isn't 'brazen,' in cases like these, he's just blind to you - if you remain still and unmoving.

WHAT MICE CAN HEAR
Mice can actually hear quite well. They can hear into the very high (ultrasonic) range. This is the reason you see those "sonic" devices, marketed as being able to repel mice. It doesn't work, however, the mice become acclimated to the devices and learn to ignore them.

However, male mice are thought to communicate with females by using "songs" that are inaudible to humans. They seem to do this in the presence of females, much as how our songbirds do. While mice don't seem to be as accomplished as our songbirds, it may be they can help us to unravel the mysteries of communication in humans too.

BREEDING CYCLES OF MICE
Normally, a female mouse will begin breeding at 40-45 days old, they have a gestation period as short as 18 days, with a litter size of 5-8 pups. And they do this all year 'round. So it's easy to see, very soon, you could be up to your ears in mice, if the conditions are just right.

Mice poop very often and their poop can make you very sick.

This post was plommeresque in its informativeness.

Mice are very cute but unfortunately, if they get in the house, they must die.

i enjoy the thrill of the kill... ill save the peanut butter for my dogs....
:hides:

I had several chipmunks get in the house. They chewed through a screen in the summer, a loaf of bread in their sights. Had to set traps, took three days to kill 'em all. I wasn't happy about it but they had to go, the live trap I had was too big for them.

Only steel screens from now on.

Good advice Stevie and had to get rid of a couple mice in my house a few years ago myself and peanut butter surprisingly did the trick! Thought the guy was playing with me when he said to use it!

I grew up in an old house, an old house that had mice occasionally.

Once my dad bought some glue traps. Never buy glue traps. Saddest shit ever.

I grew up in an old house, an old house that had mice occasionally.

Once my dad bought some glue traps. Never buy glue traps. Saddest shit ever.

great thread steve.

fuck mice

What about the bat?

I think it's gone. Haven't heard any noise, been going about business as usual down there. I've had the door open a few times, maybe it flew out. No guano either. I hope it is free and is living a wonderful bat life, I miss our time together but we both knew it was temporary; at least I did - I don't know how it thinks to be honest.