• Replies 6 Comments
  • Views 318 Views

CASPERWAIT$

Twitter @wernerhotdog
Since
Aug 3, 2010
Score
Tokens

This is Yardbarker's list (GREAT website BTW)

I've seen over half of them.

Going to watch California Split tomorrow.

Mississippi Grind a VERY underrated movie IMO.

I haven't seen number 1. Uncut Gems brought out feelings that only a gambler could feel. Rounders is an all timer for me. There was a scene in Will Smith film, Focus, that came to my mind as well.

I haven't seen number 1. Uncut Gems brought out feelings that only a gambler could feel. Rounders is an all timer for me. There was a scene in Will Smith film, Focus, that came to my mind as well.
Uncut Gems is my #1 for the true feel of a compulsive gambler. The Gambler (James Cann version) came close.
Rounders was great. No doubt. Teddy KGB may be the best character in any gambling film ever.

California Split is the most realistic gambling I've seen in a film.

This is Yardbarker's list (GREAT website BTW)

I've seen over half of them.

Going to watch California Split tomorrow.

Mississippi Grind a VERY underrated movie IMO.
yes, I got you Casper :highfive: the feel of it ,more than any other film, captures the moods(?) of gambling for me

uncut Gems? like wtf is even going on there? had to turn it off halfway through

These guys named off 25 movies, some of which have little to do with gambling, and no Let It Ride? :eyes:

btw Hard Eight is the worst piece of shit ever, not just from the gambling stand point.
Cincinnati Kid is very good. I don't usually follow pre 1970's movies, but enjoyed that one a lot.
Also Molly's game was pretty good

These guys named off 25 movies, some of which have little to do with gambling, and no Let It Ride? :eyes:

btw Hard Eight is the worst piece of shit ever, not just from the gambling stand point.
Cincinnati Kid is very good. I don't usually follow pre 1970's movies, but enjoyed that one a lot.
Also Molly's game was pretty good
Let It Ride should definitely been on here