• Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 7,949 Views

Dunder

In Trans I Gent
Since
Feb 8, 2010
Score
Tokens
I am looking at this from the photography point of view but would also be happy to accept photos from iconic moments in sports.

To get the ball rolling, I offer you this from 2001. That is Italian driver Jarno Trulli in a Jordan. The photo is captured just he has a slight lock-up of the front left.

013-21-1.jpg

One of the most famous sports moments of all time. Ali knocks out Sonny Liston in the first round. There are photos from a few angles.

article-1220638-06D4E3C9000005DC-210_634x442.jpg

1243195898_muhammad_ali_ile_sonny_liston1.jpg

Another iconic moment. Catcher Yogi Berra leaps into the arms of Don Larsen on completion of what is still the only perfect game in World Series history.

Careful with your knee there Yogi.

01.jpg

Gotta include this one for the Canadians. Paul Henderson in the arms of Yvan Cournoyer on scoring the winning goal 1972.

paul-to-the-hall.jpg

Last edited:
One of the most famous sports moments of all time. Ali knocks out Sonny Liston in the first round. There are photos from a few angles.

Black on black violence = great sporting moments?

I love that Ali pic. He used to live 10 miles from me. I would see him about once a month. Great guy, sad to see him fall apart.

Iconic shot of Secretariat winning a squeaker at the Belmont to complete the Triple Crown:

secretariat.jpg

Iconic shot of Secretariat winning a squeaker at the Belmont:

secretariat.jpg

That's one of my favorite photos of all-time. I wish I'd shot that.