• Replies 26 Comments
  • Views 935 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
This shit should be banned in youth hockey. No composite sticks till you are 14.

This shit is ruining the future of hockey.

Why. They have been around for like 20 years.

Lets go back to bamboo sticks. I don't want anyone getting hurt playing hockey. Losing teeth is part of the game folklore.

I had never held a full composite stick before getting one as a gift last year. Difference in feel and kick is astounding.

When I was playing ball hockey as a kid the hybrid Easton wooden sticks with removeable composite blades were all the rage. Kids who had those tended to get to second base quicker with the ladies.

I have never in my life uused a compositee stick. They should be banned. Period. I don't know what is wrong with just using a wooden stick. Composites also have not been around for 20 years. That's BS. Also ththe Easton's used to use woodden blades and not composite blades.

For the hockey ignorant, can someone explain to me what a composite stick is?

I actually picked up a composite stick the other day y in the sports store. Thing was pretty light I would have to say. But $299 for a stick is just ridiculous. I have a good shot and I don't need a composite stick to get a harder shot or a quicker shot. People rag on goalies in the NHL for wearing g large gear. No wonder. If the NHL allows composites then they should allow goalies to wear as much protection as they feel they need.

IAG
For the hockey ignorant, can someone explain to me what a composite stick is?

It's made of composite material (graphite or carbon fiber) and not all wood like the good old days.

They're typically made of carbon fiber and graphite. Those materials make for a stick that has a lot more "flex" and bounce than a traditional wooden stick.

I think only a handful of NHL players still use a wooden stick. Selanne used to and was one of the last guys to switch IIRC.

Spezza still uses a wooden stick. I think there are a few more.

Pucky what about those 90% curves(?) on the tip of the blade? Have yous seen those? whats up with that

Canadians start checking + taking slap shots at a younger age than us Americans.

Potato found out the hard way in a holiday tournament.

We've used graphite/composite sticks pretty much since we started playing.

For a $300 stick they break pretty easily.

Tomato we're playing drop-in on Wednesday.

Pucky what about those 90% curves(?) on the tip of the blade? Have yous seen those? whats up with that

Ryan O'Reilly's curve:

ryan-o-reilly-hockey-stick-e1381177504795-275x366.jpg

That looks like it should be illegal.

Canadians start checking + taking slap shots at a younger age than us Americans.

Potato found out the hard way in a holiday tournament.

We've used graphite/composite sticks pretty much since we started playing.

For a $300 stick they break pretty easily.

Tomato we're playing drop-in on Wednesday.

This is Plommers favourite Potato post ever.

PS: Would love to see MLB allow players to use aluminum bats.

Why. They have been around for like 20 years.

Kids skate around with their stick in the air, can't catch a fucking pass with your stick in the air. The sticks are too light, if kids use wood sticks it would force them to keep their stick on the ice.

They skate around with this sticks and looks like they are playing fucking lacrosse.