• Replies 41 Comments
  • Views 2,106 Views

Dunder

In Trans I Gent
Since
Feb 8, 2010
Score
Tokens
Will post my thoughts tomorrow but the bad news is that Bridgestone will bring the Soft and Hard tyres.
Last year they used the Super Soft and Medium and the extreme degradation of the Super Soft was one of the few highlights of what was otherwise a fairly processional race.

Based on what we saw in Bahrain it is fair to say that the Red Bull is the fastest car with Ferrari a couple of tenths behind.
Melbourne is a quirky track and strange things do happen in races there.

I have taken Vettel for Pole Position at +190.
I have also taken Webber for a podium finish +300 (BlueSquare - low limits)

My only other bet to date is Rosberg to Outqualify Schumacher (-102), based on Bahrain, Schu is not quite at one with the car yet as visibly struggled in qualifying.

My turn for the all-nighter.
P1 01:30
P2 05:30

Thats the problem with the practice sessions this year, there is such a wide range of possible fuel loads, times are fairly meaningless.
McLaren looks very good over the bumps/kerbs, Mercedes looks good through T10 (the only really fast corner).
Kubica fast but HAS to be due to fuel load.

I am gonna get a coupe of hours sleep otherwise I will be dead later.

3am P3
Should be revealing.
McLaren and Mrecedes, so far appear to be (at least) a lot closer to Red Bull/Ferrari.

Qualifying looks like it will be very close, but based on Webbers time, I have to feel confident about my Vettel for Pole bet (he outqualified Webber 16-2 last year).

2-0 from my bets so far and looking good for the third.
Would expect the front three to run away and hide in the early part of the race tomorrow.

This race starts in the middle of the night for me, but if I can remember and I'm not too drunk, and the old lady refuses my advances, I will watch if I am awake.

This race starts in the middle of the night for me, but if I can remember and I'm not too drunk, and the old lady refuses my advances, I will watch if I am awake.

7am start for me RW.
Forecast at the moment is for rain showers during the second half of the race. If it stays dry then it might be a bit processional.

lol hamilton

i'm happy with this

Yeah, should be OK with that, as long as there is no repeat of engine/exhaust problems from the last race.
I would be quite happy for Vettel to win, just need Webber in top 3.

The Hamilton thing was strange, he looked very good in P3 and was 0.6 faster than in qualifying. Track temp. was a bit lower but not enough to explain that. In truth he is better off starting P11 than he would have been in P8 or 9. He has the chance to gamble and start on the harder tyre, good strategy IF there is no safety car.

I'm liking this one from sportsbet.com.au

To Win Group
Michael Schumacher 1.45
Nico Rosberg 2.70
Robert Kubica 8.00
Vitaly Petrov 41.00