• Replies 28 Comments
  • Views 2,580 Views

Dunder

In Trans I Gent
Since
Feb 8, 2010
Score
Tokens
I won't be around much over the next week or so because I am leaving for the land of China tomorrow night. Contrary to speculation, I am not planning a visit to the Chinese Midget Zoo but going am going primarily for the Formula 1 Grand Prix. I am also planning to meet up with some old friends who now reside there.

I will be staying at the Hilton in Pudong which is pretty famous for having it's reception is on the 71st floor.

hilton_shanghai_award.jpg

As a rule I hate flying east on long haul flights, the time gain kills me so my plan is to pop a couple of "dormicum" pills which should knock me out quite successfully and see me arrive well rested in the early hours of Thursday morning (China standard time is 13 hours ahead of EST)

I will attend all of the sessions (starting Friday) at the Jiading circuit which is about half an hour by shuttle bus from Pudong at one of the world's most modern and spectator friendly race circuits. I have not been there before and am very much looking forward to it even if (based on clement weather forecast) I am not expecting the most exciting race.

Jiading.jpg

I haven't been to Shanghai since 2002 and based on the incredible rate of 'development' there, I am expecting it to have changed a lot.

I will use this thread if I see anything that is worthy of sharing (midget sightings etc.)

Last edited:
Awesome. Very very jealous. Really want to see Asia someday.

Have a great time. Midget pics welcomed.

Good write up Dunder. Keep us posted.

I could have used a dormicum pill last night. Don't know what they are but they sound good.

I've always wondered what the steam and creams in Pudong are like so if you get one please report back.

Who said Dunder wasn't bigtime?

Dunder is big time! Have fun sir.

I'm not a big F1 fan but I make a point to go every year here, if only for the qualifying session. The sights and sounds are otherworldly.

I have a friend who frequently travels to China on business and he says the time shifts back and forth are killer. Of course he's an old guy like me.

Have fun. Free Tibet if you get a chance.

Dunder is big time! Have fun sir.

I'm not a big F1 fan but I make a point to go every year here, if only for the qualifying session. The sights and sounds are otherworldly.

I might well have went to Montreal last year. I generally go to to two races each year (one European and one long haul). I have never been to Montreal but it one of my favourite tracks. The lack of a race in Canada last year meant that I had to 'settle' for Bahrain. Next year, hopefully.

Last edited:
Good write up Dunder. Keep us posted.

I could have used a dormicum pill last night. Don't know what they are but they sound good.

I've always wondered what the steam and creams in Pudong are like so if you get one please report back.

Midazolam (pronounced /mɪˈdzəlm/, and marketed in English-speaking countries under brand names Dormicum,[1] Hypnovel,[2] and Versed[3]) is a short-acting drug in the benzodiazepine class that is used for treatment of acute seizures and for inducing sedation and amnesia before medical procedures. It has potent anxiolytic, amnestic, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, skeletal muscle relaxant, and sedative properties.[4][5][6] Midazolam has a fast recovery time and is the most commonly used benzodiazepine as a premedication for sedation; less commonly it is used for induction and maintenance of anesthesia. Flumazenil is a benzodiazepine antagonist drug that can be used to treat an overdose of midazolam as well as to reverse sedation.[5] However, flumazenil can trigger seizures in mixed overdoses and in benzodiazepine dependent individuals so is not used in most cases.[7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midazolam#cite_note-the_addiction_medicine-7
1_dormicum_tab.jpg

Strange! The ones I have are blue.

Ever been to Interlagos?

I have never been to Brazil in any capacity, RJ.
Would loved to have been there for the 2008 (or 2007) race. Awesome crowds they have there.

Ah benzodiazepines. I am a bit of an expert. Same family as valium, ativan, librium etc.

If my experience can be of any assistance: if you take 10 of them while also drinking a 26er of rye, several beers and smoking a lot of dope - do not drive a car.

:handshake:

I have a friend who frequently travels to China on business and he says the time shifts back and forth are killer. Of course he's an old guy like me.

Have fun. Free Tibet if you get a chance.

I can handle flying west quite well (in this case a 14 hour flight with 8 hour time loss), but east is a killer, yes.

Have a great time Dunder and keep us up to date on your goings. So many world travelers here! Amazing and interesting people I have acquainted with on the net! :yes:

Ah benzodiazepines. I am a bit of an expert. Same family as valium, ativan, librium etc.

If my experience can be of any assistance: if you take 10 of them while also drinking a 26er of rye, several beers and smoking a lot of dope - do not drive a car.

:handshake:
I disagree, if he takes 10 of them while also drinking a 26er of rye, several beers and smoking a lot of dope AND can get the key into the ignition he will be fine to drive.