Deuce (or anyone), car repair question...

• Start date
  • Replies 35 Comments
  • Views 2,553 Views

Jello

Not Funny
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
A freind of mine came over yesterday and replaced my fuel pump and filter. After about 10 minutes of trying to turn it over, we finally got it to start. If you remember, I couldn't get it to turn over but about once in every 5 tries last week and the time it would turn over it would die immediately.

So we got it to turn over and then it would die. And we kept doing it until we got gas into the engine and all the air out .... it would progressively stay on longer and longer. Until finally it stayed on for about 10 minutes running.

It petered out that time too and I restarted it and let it run for about another 5-10 minutes. It was idling kind of low though...around maybe 800. A slight sputter/fluxuation.

Here's where it go weird though.... at this point I started trying to rev it a little and every time I touched the accelerator the car would have the opposite reaction than it should. It would start to drop RPM's and almost die....until I let off the pedal and then it would steady out again around 800 rpm.

My friend was gone at this point but he's coming back over to look at it. He's a little stumped though. Doesn't know what it could be. When we were first trying to get it started the gas pedal was making it rev like it should. Now it seems to be choking off the fuel supply whenever I touch it.

Any thoughts or ideas?

jello, we went over this...nobody here has any fucking clue buddy... go to google and find a mechanics forum...sign up and post your post from above...surely you will get some help before too long... good luck homey

RayRay shuthefukup.

I know you don't have a clue, SIR.

Deuce, however, has clues.

make sure its a DIY forum if ya do, or they will tear you a new asshole.... at least thats how it is in the construction forums when homwowners come in looking for free advice

just take it to a mechanic, pay them to do a diagnosics test and give you a quote to fix it...

I gotta get it towed to get it to mechanic.

This fucking thing is a curse. I just spent $600 getting a new alternator and some other shit last month. Now already about $300 on parts and labor for my friend to work on it yesterday. And it's still not driveable.

Deuce knows cars. I'm waiting on Deuce goddamit I don't care what you jerks say.

deuce is always in sbrchat...best bet to catch him is there...man im full of great ideas today! :highfive:

This bitch is good. I wish I could reach out to her and thank her for her work.

:selfbash:

No one knows this side of Deuce. Heartbreak is the worst feeling in the world. Worse than dealing with a death. Fucking nightmare. Deuce will bounce back in time. Right now he mourns.

Probably has something to do with your roto-girter. Yep, fixed it.

F0cker a quick search online makes me think you might be right. I see a forum thread about this issue with the same make and model around the same age as mine. Person describing the same problems I was having before the car died....check engine light was on for like a month or so and it had been sputtering intermittenly.

It even went through a period about 2 months ago where I had trouble starting it for a few days, like recently (except recently it just wouldn't start at all). But then it stopped acting up and was driving fine so I didn't worry about it.

No McB....

This isn't a joke thread really. Its not funny how much money I'm having to sink into this car, and it sucks not having transportation for the past 6 days. Thankfully my work is a 15 minute walk away.

Jello, sorry for making light of the situation. It IS NOT funny.

I'm not mad or anything buddy. I'm just saying don't expect many laughs from me in this particular thread right now. If I at least KNEW what needed to be done...its the not knowing I think that sucks most.

Jello, do you think there are any threads here tonight that have fun that don't negatively impact your car situation? I thought maybe that "laughter was th best medicine" but I TOTALLY misread the situation. I am in full backpedal mode.