Click Here to Watch PK Subban Cheat

• Start date
  • Replies 12 Comments
  • Views 511 Views
what happened there, it fly out and delay of game?

knocked the net off intentionally. should be automatic penalty shot :quick:

fukkin net moved right into him as he was driving the lane... obvious blocking foul...wait

nevermind...

Seems too pointless to be intentional. It's one thing if there is a mad flurry in front of the net, but a loose puck behind the net which you're about to get to first? --> no percentage in it. I'd say he had his eye on the puck rather than the net and cut his corner too close.

I don't think it was intentional and if it was it is so unclear it is extremely well played.

Muddy gets it.

Fiver :facepalm:

Fokken puck is behind the net.

He's well aware that all he's doing is dumping the puck to the Bruins at the point. He'd have to be one hell of a retard to knock the net off accidentally with no one near him. Nonetheless, this kind of move should be penalized regardless of intent.

regardless of where the puck is, the move and actions of Subban are intentional. He shoudl have received a penalty for delay of game or unsportsmanlike conduct. The guy is supposed to be a pro. Play and act like a pro. My 5 year old is wise enough to avoid the net like that. Apparently in the Olympics (International rules) this is ok, but it's not supposed to be in the NHL. The refs fucked up again.

He actually has a teammate in perfect position along the boards.

That said, I'd like to see knocking the net off called as delay of game, regardless of intent. Why's it any different than shooting the puck over the boards? You certainly ought to be able to avoid the net when there's not contact.

I don't think I've ever just skated myself into the net like that. Then again, I don't generally have 400 pounds of muscle bearing down on me, looking to crush me into the boards, either. That might make me cut the corner a little closer.

Cutting it as close as you can is what you do. It's like slalom skiers. There is no one pushing them around and those buggers still wollop each and every gate - and risk cutting it too close and and being penalized - all in the name of risk/reward.

At worst, P.K. is guilty of making a spot-on risk/reward assessment.

But who cares? The important question here is: when are they going to introduce body-checking into slalom skiing?