• Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 896 Views

mrquincy

Generally Specific
Since
Feb 24, 2011
Score
Tokens
Has anyone on here ever bought prescription glasses online?

I talked to a guy at work the other day and he told me that he buys all of his eyeglasses this way and told me what site he uses...

http://www.zennioptical.com/

This seems very strange to me but the price difference is insane compared to what they charge you in the shops. I am going to bite the bullet and try to order a pair just to see how they are.

All you need is your prescription and you have to measure your pupillary distance.. Looks to be about 25% of the price that I may normally pay for a pair. (I have adidas frames which are no doubt over-priced) If they work well enough,I would purchase a few pairs.
It would be amazing to have multiple pairs of prescription glasses instead of having just the one pair.

I guess it's a good idea if you know how to measure your pupillary distance. I wouldn't know how to read the distance on the ruler with it being so close to my eyes.

I guess it's a good idea if you know how to measure your pupillary distance. I wouldn't know how to read the distance on the ruler with it being so close to my eyes.

I tried and it was not that tough. I am going to wait til my gf gets home later and get her to confirm it. I am going to measure the shit out of my old frames to try to maximize the fit.

They let you upload a picture of yourself, so you can kind of see how you would look in the frames... There are a ridiculous amount of options and I thought it would be easier to decide on what kind to order..

:dunno:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Need plommer to provide a mustache before we can decide.

it's too bad you can't just have one set of lenses that you can change in and out of different frames.

Well there you have it!! I like it!

Why didn't you have this idea a few years ago, Cami?

That could be us raising over $60,000 on idiegogo.

Sounds good to me. These eyeglasses stores are assholes

I have had my new glasses for a few weeks now and I must say, I am quite pleased with them. The frames are not the same quality as my Adidas frames, but I would not expect them to be at about 15% of the cost of my other glasses. After Xmas, when i get my new prescription (and benefits), I will be ordering at least two more pairs of different types from this site as well as getting some new lenses for my good frames.

It is not uncommon to spend $600-$800 on a good pair of multi-line bifocals here at an optometrist. There is no way you can afford multiple pairs at that price. Common.

Health care does not cover eyeglasses or vision tests...not for any decent tax paying Canadian anyway. I have a good benefit program and it covers $400 every two years + the test (prescription good for two years).

2 pairs for $99 Quincy. test included. thats how us poor people do it in the US. $800? come the fok on