• Replies 163 Comments
  • Views 8,346 Views

Blitty

guitartown
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Who has the Better Online Dating Profile?

Cali:

My self-summary
I went off this site for a little while, but am back to see where okcupid may take me (or, I suppose, where you may take me).

Let’s start with some fun facts…
- I adore trying new foods. If I could, I would travel the world and learn the different cultures through their food.
- I believe in cocktail hour, and good company. It's kind of my hobby. I truly appreciate the artistry of mixology.
- I can say the alphabet backwards, tie a tie, and do a cartwheel, just not all at the same time.
- I volunteered in Africa while in college. I've traveled Europe too, and Japan, many islands, and many places all over North America.

I'm originally from California and moved to NYC 7 years ago, currently living in Union Square/Greenwich Village. I'm a senior manager in social media advertising/marketing for a global media marketing firm. Basically, I do what Peggy in MadMen does, but for social media. I enjoy trying new places and new things, not in a clich sort of way, just honestly like new experiences. I love going out with friends and enjoying their company. I like wandering around the city, enjoying wine and tapas at a bar with cozy seating in the winter, renting bikes in central park when the weather is nice, and sipping coffee at hole-in-the-wall coffee shops in the west village. I'm really into speakeasy's right now and places with great cocktail menus. I "geek out" on really great TV shows like Homeland and Breaking Bad, and some not-so great shows I won't admit quite yet. I like to read, but I'm really bad at finishing books if I find them to be going too slow. I'm a great cook (though I rarely cook), not-so-great baker, and I'm phenomenal at ordering food from Grubhub and ordering at restaurants. :)

I'm looking to meet someone who keeps me on my toes, who can make me laugh and make me smile. I feel that a lot of the men I meet are young, not in actual age, but in maturity. I will say that I do prefer to date men who are older than me. If you spend time with me, you will find that I am much more mature than your usual 26 year old. I'd like to meet someone who is secure with himself and in life. Someone who can be spontaneous and have a good time, likes to be in control of situations, but can also go with the flow as needed, and is someone who gets along with most people he meets. I like to go out and enjoy the cities night life, so I need someone who can keep up with me, but who can also find the fun in a relaxing day just hanging out.

I like having fun and being independent, and I also love spending time with the people who are important to me. I'm easy-going and would rather let things roll of my back then get into silly arguments with the people I'm close with.

Send me an e-mail if you're interested (that is more than just "hey how are you").

Cheers!

What I’m doing with my life
I moved out east for college, then stayed for my career (see above for details). My goal right now is to enjoy life, while thinking about the future.

I’m really good at
Being friendly (it's the California upbringing). I'm sure I have the tag of "Responds Often" on here - that is because even if I'm not interested, I will still politely reply telling you "Thank you, but no thank you."

The first things people usually notice about me
Blonde hair, green eyes, and my lips. I often get the "you're not from here are you?" question when I first meet people, usually because I'm smiling and friendly.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
TV: anything on Showtime or HBO
Music: everything from Rolling Stones to Gogol Bordello to Gossip.
Books: Lots, too many to list. I just joined a book club, I haven't read the book yet, but just being a member makes me feel smarter.
Food: LOVE food... all food... If I didn't care about my looks I would eat all day every day. (joke)

The six things I could never do without
- My friends and family
- My iPhone and iPad
- Art - all kinds - music, movies, theatre, visual, dance
- Sex
- New york city
- The ability to enjoy life
(The order changes constantly)

I spend a lot of time thinking about
People I care about; where I want to go out for dinner tonight; reminding myself to pick up my dry cleaning, because I always forget; and inevitably, work.
On a typical Friday night I am
Out and about. I have my usual haunts (mostly in the west village, soho, flatiron and LES), but also love finding new places.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I spilled a very expensive glass of Champagne on Donald Trump's hair piece (attached to his head) at an event. (He was seated, and in a collision with a cater-waiter my drink slipped and spilled right on top of him).

I’m looking for
Guys who like girls
Ages 30–45
Near me
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating

You should message me if
- You like what I wrote, and at least skimmed it
- You are independent and secure with yourself
- You are a mature adult with a career
- You're at least 5'11 or 5'10, as long as you really are 5'10
- You enjoy going out and having a good time

Blitty:

My self-summary
Although I enjoyed the sun, culture, beaches, and delicious Mexican food!, I realized that despite my love for California it was time for something new. NYC. I love the city's energy, culture, excitement, food, art, music...pretty much everything.

Traveling is my favorite thing to do. I have visited over 40 countries, and looking forward to doubling that number one day. I enjoy live music, merging with nature, new-ethnic-food-place-hunting, premium television, adventure, and microbrews.

I’m an open-minded, friendly, sarcastic, and energetic person. I love to meet new people and hear their stories. I enjoy exploring the city on my bicycle, going to music gigs, discovering new bars/restaurants, and taking photos.

I would describe myself as chilled and laid-back. I love the best in life and looking for someone who does as well. A keen sense of style, adventure, and standards. I have been told I am very honest. This is a quality I am very proud of, cherish and doing my best not to fail on, because I believe it is the first key to happiness.

I would like to explore everything this city has to offer!
What I’m doing with my life
I generally try to stay active and live the American dream. You can find me gallivanting around the LES and East Village after work. I love to play ice hockey, ski and snowboard, travel, go to the beach, and attend sporting events. Also just taking things one day at a time and putting my trust in the universe that it will all work out in the end..

I’m really good at:
Picking the perfect restaurant. Arranging travel plans. Being super knowledgeable about random topics. Making the best of weird situations. Getting to the airport just in time. Time management. Understanding people's desires and triggers.
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay... fill me out!

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Stanley Kubrick. Anthony Bourdain. Kevin Smith. Judd Apatow. Quentin Tarantino. Jack Kerouac. Charles Bukwoski. Mad Men. Breaking Bad. Walking Dead. How To Make It In America. Dexter. Curb Your Enthusiasm. Californication. Wilfred. Shameless. Arrested Development.

I'm very eclectic and like a little bit of everything. I enjoy a good movie, most kinds of music, and just about all foods...specifically seafood and spicy food like Thai or Indian.

The six things I could never do without
Passport
Camera
Adventure
Yelp
Dive bars
Fruit smoothies

I spend a lot of time thinking about

On a typical Friday night I am
Celebrating the end of the working week, which usually involves beer, wine, or a cocktail.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit

I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 20–27
Near me
Who are single
For long-term dating, short-term dating

You should message me if
-You're laid-back, fun, and have a sense of humor
-If you wanna play a board game in central park or on a rooftop.
-Hang out and Sip whiskey in speakeasy's.
-Walk the Highline on a Sunday

OR just if you feel like it...

I always like to meet new interesting people. Just no pen pals please, life is too short to waste it in front of a computer or cellphone screen exchanging texts all day.

CaliGirlNY
- You're at least 5'11 or 5'10, as long as you really are 5'10

:lmao:

I’m really good at:
Making the best of weird situations.

:lmao:

I'm going to call it a tie.

Every one of these profiles should read the same - You should message me if you're hawt.

Personally I would be more interested in her than you if I was a member of that site, don't give a fuck about profiles.
Blitty you have dreamy eyes and are cute pal, but she is much sexier and owns a snatch.

don't give a fuck about profiles.

Exactly my point. No one gives a shit about profiles unless they're comically bad.

Plommer you should message me if you're hawt. You've seen my pic.

I'm really 5'11" but on a good day I can fake being 6'0".

Her profile is like the wedding profiles in the NY Times on Sundays. Grantland made fun of them.

Dude, these are way to fucking long. Fok that shit.

I can see Cali responding to Blitty's profile while The Pia Coloda Song is playing.

I guess it depends what you're looking for. When I dabble in these kinds of sites, I consider profiles to be of absolutely crucial importance (in preventing the wasting of my time.)

As for these two, they are both good. Very good actually. Informative and clear with some personality shining through.

Someone like me would be a bad relationship match for either and that is good to figure out ASAP - but I would expect they would both be appealing to a lot of people.

mine has like 84 total words but it got the attention of Cougar Bait so thats good enough for me.

I like Blitty's better. Cali is going to have a hard time finding a man fulfilling all her requirements.

I think both are great and that these two have a lot in common.

I like having fun

I love it when people are descriptive like this.

Here is my profile...

I like fun. I don't like pain. I prefer to be comfortable. Usually before I go to bed, I am tired. I'm not looking forward to dying. When good things happen to me, I am happy. I don't like being bored. I like interesting people, places, and things. Let's have some fun!

Send me a message so I can ignore it because you're ugly... Talk to you soon!!!

Here is my profile...

I like fun. I don't like pain. I prefer to be comfortable. Usually before I go to bed, I am tired. I'm not looking forward to dying. When good things happen to me, I am happy. I don't like being bored. I like interesting people, places, and things. Let's have some fun!

lol :clap:

personally I like the work hard party harder line

Here is my profile...

So true. :lmao: