• Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 538 Views

tullamore

angry and drunk
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Curious if anyone ever had bitcoins sent to them and their wallet shows pending deposit for hours. I going on 7 hours pending. Never seen this before.

How many confirmations does the transaction have?

Do you know what your fee setting is? If you set it at zero, the delay could be normal.

I am idiot when it comes to this. I will look at my fee setting.

Can someone tell me the advantage of Bitcoins for the USA gambler?

I think Bitcoin mostly benefits the shady offshore (and onshore) bookie.

Hugh technology for bookiekind.

network anomaly

I think related to this

At issue, is that when a user sends a bitcoin transaction, an extra cost is attached in the form of a fee. Effectively, bitcoin transaction fees serve as a way for users to bid to be included in a block, with that cost rising or falling with demand for space.

Adding to the current problems is that a number of bitcoin wallets use a hard-coded fee amount: 0.0001 BTC (about 4 cents). Fees determine the priority that a transaction will receive as miners bundle them into the latest block. The higher the fee, the more priority it typically receives.

Signs suggest that the commonly used amount, at least for the time being, may not be enough, which in turn is affecting wallets that are still using standard fees.

The result is that some transactions with low priority remain unprocessed, which in turn is putting added pressure on users and businesses.

follows

This week's occurrence appears to be of a different sort, involving a string of transactions with relatively high fees something that appears to be pricing out users who are using hard-coded fees that, as a result, leaving them at a disadvantage.

Users paying the standard wallet fee of 10 satoshis per byte would have to wait between five and 67 blocks for transactions to confirm, a process it estimates could take as many as 13 hours.

Anyone have any luck buying partyfavors online recently?

Mmike? Tully?