Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 117,734 Views
Just got a real nice delayed blast of toasted nuts (insert plommer joke here) taste on my first neat sip of Ol’ Hickory. Very nice

Just by observing the bottle it doesn't scream quality bourbon to me. Maybe a fun oddball thing

Just got a real nice delayed blast of toasted nuts (insert plommer joke here) taste on my first neat sip of Ol’ Hickory. Very nice
fucking guys, you know me too well. but toasted nuts is low hanging fruit pal.

and I am drinking from this fabulous bottle
1588730146223.png

Trying to teach someone about bourbons and a lot of restaurants seem to have parred down their liquor supply. I was stuck choosing between Makers, Bulliet and Knob.

Not much to work with in a steakhouse IMO.

I personally feel Woodford is a great starter bourbon for newbies.

I like all of it, from Highland Park to Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroiag, Bruichladdich, etc.

Lagavulin 16 is basically the perfect scotch.

the one I tasted said peat on the label. It was more like how I'd imagine mud taste.
The medicine flavor, I thought was lighter, which is present in all scotch :dunno:

It’s a Hudson Baby Bourbon and a Liga Privada #9 cigar kind of night, boys.

Bruichladdich

Touring their distillery is on my bucket list ever since I saw CBS Sunday Morning (or was it 60 Minutes) do a segment on them. Looks so friggin cool.

Hye is about an hour away. I would send you a bottle, but I don't think it would make it to the mailbox.