Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,375 Views
If you are getting into whiskeys, highly recommend Redbreast... I'm not even a whiskey drinker but this one won me over. Super smooth.

"Jack Daniel's Green Label is a lighter, less mature whiskey with a lighter color and character. The barrels selected for Green Label tend to be on the lower floors and more toward the center of the warehouse where the whiskey matures more slowly."

I like the mellowness of the Green. Only $20 here if you want me to send you a bottle.

That old hickory is delicious.

I like the mellowness of the Green. Only $20 here if you want me to send you a bottle.

That old hickory is delicious.

Thx brah but you can't send me a bottle. I can probably request it at the LCBO though. They're usually willing to import small quantities of just about anything.

Every time I go into Total Wine I take a real long gander at the Garrison Brothers Texas bourbon. I never buy it because it's like 4 x's the price of Makers Mark but the next time I have something to celebrate (if that ever happens), I'm going to buy it.

I had a glass of it in a cigar bar in SoHo and it was so friggin good. I'd like to go to Hye, Texas someday to take their tour

Tron, I just put a major dent in that bottle of OldHickory while playing Zoom Pictionary.

Highly recommend.

Elijah Craig has a 18 year Single Barrel with hints of vanilla, tawny, leathery oak, smoke, mint and caramel. I'm gonna treat myself someday to that. Goes for $280. 18 year bourbons are rare because they lose a lot to evaporation. They lose about 2/3's of it over the 18 years.

The "angels share", boys.

The reviews are pretty good for the Elijah Craig 18, may have to try it. Looks like it's a minimum $200.

"Top 5 best bourbons I’ve ever tasted. Well balanced flavor and unbelievably smooth. Very steep price ($180-200) but it’s worth every penny for the avid bourbon enthusiast."

"This is my favorite bourbon. Decadent with a dessert finish. Bought it years ago for around $60, and finished the bottle over time. Last year I was dismayed to find my favorite bottle now went for $300+!"

Elijah Craig has a 18 year Single Barrel with hints of vanilla, tawny, leathery oak, smoke, mint and caramel. I'm gonna treat myself someday to that. Goes for $280. 18 year bourbons are rare because they lose a lot to evaporation. They lose about 2/3's of it over the 18 years.

The "angels share", boys.

yeah I can see this being a purchase after a really good weekend at work.

Tron suggested Makers Mark and Coca Cola. We like it!

Very deluxe. Plommer approved!

I believe TRON said McCartney/Lennon.

For Plommer its Lee/Lifeson (Živojinović)
:guitar:

UJ2A5in.jpg

I work with film and TV placements now as well. Have not had any hits yet, but one of the tracks almost made it to Netflix.

Had a track that was for the show "Death Note" with Willem Dafoe make to the last 3. But ultimately the MS (music supervisor) on the project went with something else. It's hard because many times a supervisor will have VERY specific ideas about what they want for the opportunity but you have no idea exactly what that is. They might say "we need something dark" - but hey let's be honest that's pretty ambiguous. So a small amount of guesswork comes into play too. The Synthwave stuff is good for these because it (mostly) has no vocals and a lot of shows want instrumental tracks typically.

Also - all the artists are paid. That stuff is worked out in advance of each release. I also do a lot of video and promo ads for their releases, send out to radio, the things you would typically think of a label doing.

this is awesome cougey

besides vinyl merchandise, what else you do for artists signed up to your label?

CB is that your full-time gig now? I thought you worked in logistics or some shit.