Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,386 Views
Bulleit, Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve make 375ml. All very good choices.

Bulleit, Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve make 375ml. All very good choices.

Bulleit is out of stock, will look at the other two and decide while I'm in the LCBO store.
Thanks for the reccomendations, pal.

Kentuck yseems to be a popular place for distillers, and horse breeders. I was aware of the horse breeders.

jYKyxlY.png

Nq0yWwE.png

OEonejD.png

:up IMO Woodford needs a few drops of water to tame the alcohol burn. Maker's is perfect as is. Enjoy brah.

:up IMO Woodford needs a few drops of water to tame the alcohol burn. Maker's is perfect as is. Enjoy brah.

I find Woodford even smoother than Makers. That’s just me probably

I haven’t seen that

Really? It's been around for about a decade. It's just regular JD that goes through maple charcoal a second time. It works though, smoother and more flavorful than the cheap stuff.

Really? It's been around for about a decade. It's just regular JD that goes through maple charcoal a second time. It works though, smoother and more flavorful than the cheap stuff.

Ok I read your initial post totally wrong. I didn’t decipher you meant the banana notes in the Gentleman Jack (which obviously I’ve seen). I truly thought JD had a straight up banana flavor out.

Haha. The banana notes are especially strong in GJ (which has been a thing since the late 80's, apparently. My bad.)

That Dark Rye is a good one, it's pretty unique though. I like the Two by Two Rye as well (not pictured).

But someone once told me if you go with the B's for Bourbon's it's pretty safe. I'm assuming Buffalo Trace, Blanton's, and Booker, but Basil Hayden is probably my favorite of those.

E.H. Taylor is a good one as well, had many a night with the Colonel.

Elijah Craig doesn’t get enough love.

Yes! Amazing value for money. Hard to find here, they only import it a few times a year.

I got Booker's and Basil Hayden once each, don't have strong memories of either. Buffalo Trace is good, there's a floral thing that reminds me of some light Scotch like Glenlivet. It's one of the more distinctive "cheap" bourbons IMO, definitely worth sampling.

Fitty five Canadian tomatoes (look Plommay, there's a 375ml of that too)
Too late pal, already got the Makers Mark. Just had a taste. First impression was whoa, thats strong, but then it settled down.
Definitely great for my sinuses. So far I prefer bourbon, but in fairness have only had cheap scotch to compare it to.

RER1jZ7.jpg

Also bought some cheap Vodka to mix with OJ. Fuckin juice (at the quickie mart) cost almost as much as the Vodka.

Good choice. You can add a couple drops of water to MM too if you find the alcohol overwhelming. Or just let it sit there for a couple hours. 👍

Too late pal, already got the Makers Mark. Just had a taste. First impression was whoa, thats strong, but then it settled down.
Definitely great for my sinuses. So far I prefer bourbon, but in fairness have only had cheap scotch to compare it to.

RER1jZ7.jpg

Also bought some cheap Vodka to mix with OJ. Fuckin juice (at the quickie mart) cost almost as much as the Vodka.

I've been drinking bourbon for 12 years.

In my opinion, pound for pound (cost considered etc), there is no better bourbon than Makers Mark. There are better tasting bourbons but they will cost more than MM.

And I know you like your booze neat and there's nothing wrong with that but no other bourbon goes better with Coca Cola than MM. It's like McCartney and Lennon.

Just got this Drizly delivery.

Have you guys tried these?

Heard the green label JD is rare..

1B6432E2-A085-47D2-A018-245FFE815C7E.jpeg

The beginning of a collection that is sure to become ATA.
8EAF4DA2-2B34-47CC-9C4A-EBBB3CF67204.jpeg