Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,344 Views
that’s good shit right there, cougarballs.

there are some really good scotches but daddy just likes too many bourbons more.

:moped:
Why do you like bourbon? How does it compare to Scotch? Differences? I'm a noob when it comes to booze but I have started enjoying sipping Scotch, straight up.

You didn't ask me but bourbon is like Canadian whisky on steroids. Much sweeter than scotch. I enjoy both but I tend to make a bottle of scotch last a lot longer. Bourbon mixes well with just about anything, like Canadian.

Why do you like bourbon? How does it compare to Scotch? Differences? I'm a noob when it comes to booze but I have started enjoying sipping Scotch, straight up.

I like the “smoky-ness” of it. Whereas most (but not all) scotch’s taste medicinal to me, bourbon is nothing like scotch.

The only way to know what you like better is buy a good bourbon (Hudson Baby Bourbon, Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel or go crazy with Garrison Brothers) and sip on it.

There are many great Scotch’s as well as bourbons.

You didn't ask me but bourbon is like Canadian whisky on steroids. Much sweeter than scotch. I enjoy both but I tend to make a bottle of scotch last a lot longer. Bourbon mixes well with just about anything, like Canadian.
Thanks!

I like the “smoky-ness” of it. Whereas most (but not all) scotch’s taste medicinal to me, bourbon is nothing like scotch.

The only way to know what you like better is buy a good bourbon (Hudson Baby Bourbon, Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel or go crazy with Garrison Brothers) and sip on it.

There are many great Scotch’s as well as bourbons.
I'll try both Scotch & Bourbon and decide which I prefer!

Thanks for the input fellas.

I prefer Bourbon. I think Scotch isn't nearly as easy to acquire a taste for. It all depends on your taste preferences and to some degree what you're able to afford. There are some nice medium range bottles to be sure, but in general you pay for what you get.

Whisk(e)y prices have definitely exploded in recent years. Even regular old JD is getting up there.

Whisk(e)y prices have definitely exploded in recent years. Even regular old JD is getting up there.

That’s well whiskey in my parts. $16 bottle

It's well whiskey here too, but it's $35.

Mixing some JD and cola right now to watch the news with. Lets see who died today!!

Yah yah. Cheapest American stuff we got here is Jim Beam White at $29. Ain't no $16 whisk(e)y in Canadaland.

Mixing some JD and cola right now to watch the news with. Lets see who died today!!

people died today

old people from respiratory complications and a few fat slobs like us

I've never wanted to get into scotch or bourbon cause I know I'm gonna like that shit and it's gonna be a huge money sink

plommy do like me and stick to cheap dominican cuban nicaraguan rums

10 dollars for 750ml

plomberg we don't need this shit

plommy do like me and stick to cheap dominican cuban nicaraguan rums
Rouge I'm not much of a mixed drink guy, and cheap rums are for mixing only - I rarely get even close to drunk or even buzzed as getting a buzz is not the reason I drink.

I want to really enjoy a good scotch or bourbon a few times a week that I'd sip in tiny quantities. If I knew I would like a particular expensive bourbon or scotch I'd shell out the $150+ for a bottle as it would last me over a year.

I have a few bottles here that are 8 years old. Blitty's wedding gift (2014) is still 75% full. It physically hurts to pour some out.

Bit of a hoarder.

IMG_20200423_113030.jpg

I have a few bottles here that are 8 years old. Blitty's wedding gift (2014) is still 75% full. It physically hurts to pour some out.

Bit of a hoarder.
I'm thinking of heading down to the liquor store today to try one of the bourbons tron suggested but only if I can buy a small bottle and not 750ml.
My current inventory of alcohol is a 90% full 375 mL bottle of Jack Daniels.
cq5dam.web.319.319.jpeg