Any scotch drinkers?

Matty

Toe Toucher
This thread is long overdue. I've been secretly ranking single malts and blended scotches for a lil while now.

Which ones are your faves?

Personally, I can't stand the stuff that smells and tastes medicinal, and it seems that half of the scotch world falls into that category. I much prefer the sweeter sherried stuff.

Rankings coming up shortly.

:cheers:

Matty

Toe Toucher
Matty Rain's Ranking of Scotch Whiskies

Crack-Like
1. Dalmore 18 - wowowowowow. Full-bodied and endless finish. Everything I love in a whisky, caramel, wood, char, fruit and spice.

Excellent
2. Glenfiddich 15 - extremely easy to drink. Great great nose, mostly apples. Light body, feels quite watery. Great fruity finish.
3. Aberlour A'bunadh - powerful shit, nose and palate are strong on raisins and plums. 60%+ ABV, not for the novice.
4. Glenmorangie 12 "The Original"
5. Glenfiddich 21
6. Johnnie Walker Blue
7. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
8. The Glenlivet 15

Good
9. Lagavulin 16
10. Glenfiddich 12
11. Johnnie Walker Black

Bad
12. Ballantine's Finest
13. Johnnie Walker Red

[Will complete tasting notes later.]

Matty

Toe Toucher
Scotch and Gin, two liquors i never acquired a taste for.
Do you like bourbon? If so I can recommend scotches that you're likely to enjoy.

I used to think I hated scotch, but I really only dislike Johnnie Walker (outside of the Blue, which is merely overpriced decent stuff.)

CaliGirlNY

Insert Witty Title Here
Matty Rain's Ranking of Scotch Whiskies

Crack-Like
1. Dalmore 18 - wowowowowow. Full-bodied and endless finish. Everything I love in a whisky, caramel, wood, char, fruit and spice. never tried it

Excellent
2. Glenfiddich 15 - extremely easy to drink. Great great nose, mostly apples. Light body, feels quite watery. Great fruity finish. LOVE. my dad drinks this. i love it.
3. Aberlour A'bunadh - powerful shit, nose and palate are strong on raisins and plums. 60%+ ABV, not for the novice. huh?
4. Glenmorangie 12 "The Original" lovely, i order this if it's on a menu after dinner.
5. Glenfiddich 21 i love this, but its very expensive.
6. Johnnie Walker Blue meh
7. Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban never had it.
8. The Glenlivet 15 this is always available and is my most ordered scotch. i have it on my shelf as we speak.

Good
9. Lagavulin 16
10. Glenfiddich 12 order this too from time to time
11. Johnnie Walker Black all my guy friends drink this.

Bad
12. Ballantine's Finest
13. Johnnie Walker Red puke

[Will complete tasting notes later.]

Matty

Toe Toucher
I love woody. Laphroiag is on my shortlist of next drams to try. The 10 is supposed to be excellent for the price, also the Quarter Cask.

Also shortlisted are the Balvenie 12 Doublewood, Talisker 10 and Glenfiddich 18.

Matty

Toe Toucher
never tasted a drop of scotch in my life.
I'm a simpleton
Next time you're at the bar and feel like having whisky ask for a Glenmorangie. The basic one is widely available and it's sweet like bourbon. Excellent stuff. 8.8 Matty Rains.

Matty

Toe Toucher
The Green is supposed to be excellent. I can't say I'm in any rush to buy a bottle, but I'm curious enough that I'll order it if I spot it at a bar. Same goes for the Gold.

Blue Label is pretty good, but not $200 good, no way.

Saulty

EV ZEIN
The Green is supposed to be excellent. I can't say I'm in any rush to buy a bottle, but I'm curious enough that I'll order it if I spot it at a bar. Same goes for the Gold.

Blue Label is pretty good, but not $200 good, no way.
I know they are expensive. I remember it was so smooth it was the best scotch I ever had. Maybe when you get married you can have a bottle of Green.