Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,318 Views
I've been on a real bender lately, drinking straight jack with gatorade..

Pretty fun though - feels good ot get back tutu my routes.

That was kind of a joke. I figure you guys could all see the difference and I was playing off of it is all. Maybe a 6er of something good here and there but that's about it.

I recently reconnected with an old guy friend I hadn’t seen in about 20 years. He moved back to within 20 miles of me after living in Indiana for a long time. I had spoken in the phone to him once a year or so.

In the time I didn’t see him, he developed a 16 beers a day habit.

He is now in AA. It’s hard, but he’s been totally sober for about 60 days. I think about him a lot. It’s done so much damage to his life and his family’s life.

He drank about 3 beers a month when we were friends in the 90’s.

oh yeah, about to join Steve in nevereverland. Bottle of Stagg Jr. 131.5 proof

Had my first sip of Lagavulin 16 in about a year last night. Holy shit is that stuff ever tasty. Beautiful.

Had my first sip of Lagavulin 16 in about a year last night. Holy shit is that stuff ever tasty. Beautiful.

I’ve been slow sippin a bottle for a month. Scared that it’s gonna end soon.

Right there with you. Just went from pounding Mountain Dew to work the 5 am to 10 pm + work day to unsweetened iced tea. Body already starting to look better, that should take things to the next level. I do see caffeine as something that has to stay to be at the level I need to be with this, but that way we get the energy without the extra calories. I like my vapes too. Got to be the 4% - good to be able to say that. Got no disprespect for smokers, that shit is real nice with t good alcohol buzz - my my old fart 43 year old lungs can't handle the level of tobacco buzz I need with my caffeine doing that with cigs.

DansDeals says this a good deal :dunno:

In US Dollars a 750ML bottle of Lagavulin is $68 in Detroit and $96 in Windsor ($130 CAD at LCBO). What a ripoff.

Its about $62 in the Costco of the Americas.

So the drink of the decade has been an old fashioned.

Unfortunately, the millennials have bastardized the original recipe so when they order one, I have to ask 1000 questions to make sure I make them to their liking.

Sugar, water and bitters dissolved.
Add bourbon.

Orange peel as a garnish.

That’s the recipe.