Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,367 Views
A bottle I assume, not just a dram?

About 2-3 years ago I paid $50 for a glass (neat), recent vintage while in was at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, NC. Was good but not worth $50.

I believe if you're willing to travel to KY you can time the release and get a bottle fairly easily.

A bottle yes. I got a 10 year last year was $110. I'd really love to score the 13 year Rye but it's hard to come by. 15 year is the sweet spot for the money. 20 year is great too, but then you're getting into really expensive territory unless you get super lucky. I prefer the wheated bourbons, so for me it's worth the price if I can get one retail. I'm not spending $1K and up though, some people are crazy.

I had Garrison Brothers in SoHo not too long ago. That’s a damn good Texas bourbon, fellas.

Got one. 12 year.

Attachments

• IMG_20181109_202013_067.jpg
    IMG_20181109_202013_067.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
Is it worth the price of admission?

I've paid $15-$20 a shot, only one bar I know that has it. Certainly good, but anymore I'm not blown away by the hard to find stuff like that.

Paid $28 for a shot of elusive Stagg Sr. because I love Stagg jr which I can get for $60 a bottle. Not that big a difference :dunno:
I do like the barrel proof stuff though.

Is it worth the price of admission?

I paid $185. Pappy is my favorite though, and I prefer the Wheated bourbons, so yeah, it's totally worth the 185. Just love the smooth finish...doesn't get too much better. The 15 is the sweet spot, but I'll take the 12 any day of the week. And yeah it's way overpriced at the bar no matter where you go.

I got the 12 year 3 years ago right before Derby for $64. It’s good stuff, but what the black market is selling it for it’s not worth that.

How did I make that gif? I didn’t have like advanced film equipment or anything. I didn’t have a grip. I must have switched the phone from one hand to the next without missing a beat?

What a time to be alive that was.

How did I make that gif? I didn’t have like advanced film equipment or anything. I didn’t have a grip. I must have switched the phone from one hand to the next without missing a beat?

What a time to be alive that was.

:laugh:

1544319332354.png

so trying this blade n bow. about $45. Good sweet n rich start what I like, but an extremely dull finish. :dunno: would not get again

nooo, I prefer city biking. Going somewhere that matters, is what I like

nooo, I prefer city biking. Going somewhere that matters is what I like

Being out in the woods gulping down fresh air and being active ——————-> matters.