Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,463 Comments
  • Views 118,554 Views
I gonna have to try the JD single barrel also
been through many, many bottles of #7 but never tried the higher end bottles.

You can't not like Single Barrel if you're a JD fan, it tastes quite a bit like #7 but with less alcohol bite and much more flavor. It's fokken expensive up here though (as is all alcohol), $52 for a bottle vs. $35 for Maker's Mark and $29 for JD #7.

:fok: :ineedagreencard:

have you tried Knob Creek?
its another good one

Nah but it's on my list along with the other small-batch stuff from the Beam family.

They have this tasting bar at the liquor store I went to the other day, you can pay $4 to have a sip of something among a wide selection of shit, including Knob Creek. Ima do that next time.

gonna get a bottle tomorrow
havnet decided on Makers Mark or one of the top shelf Jacks.
what does Matty recommend?

Maker's Mark for sure, unless you can get JD Single Barrel for not much more money. How much is Maker's in your neck of the woods?

not sure but I think about the same as JD #7...
$25 for 750ml
single barrell is about $50 I think

Makers and Woodford Reserve:greencheck:

Woodford is about $30

Sure, then let us know what you think of both. :cheers: I find Woodford too alcohol-y, but it's good shit. Maker's is like fokken candy.

already a fan of woodford
never tried makers though

locked and loaded:
1 bottle of Makers Mark
1 bottle of Gentleman Jack
total $49.20:bravo:

locked and loaded:
1 bottle of Makers Mark
1 bottle of Gentleman Jack
total $49.20:bravo:

:fok: That would be $73 here.

Enjoy your affordable jrunkenness. :cheers:

single barrell JD was $37.50

GAAAAH! You shoulda got it. Gentleman Jack is good but it tastes nothing like #7 or Single Barrel. Strong banana taste. Still, good shit.

I read that single barrel is different from each batch.
only 276 bottles ( or something like that ) will taste the same that come from the same barrel. so you get s different taste from bottle to bottle
and you can buy a barrel it ya want:rotfl:

Yeah. Not sure how much difference there can be from one barrel to the next, looking forward to my next one. They use the same process as with #7, the barrels just sit at the top of the warehouse so they experience wider temp swings, making the wood expand and contract more. Shit is almost red when it goes in the bottle.

Gentleman Jack is #7 that's filtered twice through charcoal. It changes the taste quite a bit.

Last edited: