Any whiskey drinkers?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,460 Comments
  • Views 116,454 Views
"fighting cock" - fiveteamer must have introduced you.

They were doing a scotch tasting at my local bourgeoisie spirits store. Dalmore 18 was one of the free samples. Wowowowowow.

That stuff is so retardedly delicious. This one old lady even said, "all that other stuff is for mere mortals".. Or something like that.

The $150 price tag makes a lot of sense.

Dalmore 18

I have a bottle of Dalmore 18 sitting on my shelves, bought at duty free in Frankfurt for 90-something Euros. It's nowhere near as good as the first bottle I bought last year. Might just be bottle variation.

But yeah, the previous one tasted like liquid caramel cake. Amazing.

BTW I bought a 2nd bottle of the Dalmore 18 at duty free in Frankfurt and it's really disappointing compared to the previous one. It's a lot less sherried and it reminds me of the younger Dalmore expressions.

It's probably just bottle variance, but if an eventual 3rd bottle also disappoints, Ima have to bump it down from its #1 spot.

My current bottle of Laga is also surprisingly light on peat.

Bottle variance is a bitch.

:greencheck:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...cotch-not-your-average-heist/article11501144/

$26 000 bottle of scotch stolen by this guy.... Wow.

WEB-scotch-combo2.JPG

lololol

some balls on this guy

good for him

What do you do with a stolen bottle like that? Hawk it for 10k? Enjoy it responsibly? Or just chug it like it was a shitty bottle of rye?

Guy prolly stole it to hold and resell down the road. That bottle should appreciate very quickly.

Would love to sample a 50yo whiskey. Oldest I've had is a Talisker 30. T'was amazingly rich.

I have only had 18 year old a couple times. I found that it was smoother and more mellow than it's 12 yr counterpart... Highland Park 18 was the one I had and I prefer the 12yr one.

I love both of them. HP is top-notch shit.

Having W.L. Weller (12 year) bourbon for the first time

91 proof. Cost the same as a bottle of Makers so I said why not.

I've never had the regular W.L. Weller before but this is good. Better than Buffalo Trace but below Makers/JD Single/Four Roses.

I am not a bourbon drinker. But Wild Turkey is my OH OH shot. Like, Oh Oh he's getting a shot of Wild Turkey. Gonna be one of those days.

Stuff is gross.

That's some good shit right there. So yummy.

Lagavulin.jpg

:up:

My two brothers insisted on trying my Ardbeg Uigeadail last weekend, ignoring my warnings that it was Lagavulin on steroids.

Me - Do you even like peat? That shit's really in your face.
Them - Bring it.
Me - Aight.
Them - WTF?!? This smells like brake cleaner. You can finish it.
Me- Thanks.

Did I mention that I had Knob Creek Rye Whiskey recently? Amazing.

Should add it to my bourbon/American whiskey thread.