• Replies 216 Comments
  • Views 13,482 Views

RogueScholar

I love you, Chord!
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
We all bottle things up, big things and little things, and while it may be prudent it is still unhealthy. If you have something on your mind or stuck in your craw, post it here. One item per person, and let's try not to be judgemental. Everything and everyone is fair game.

:hippie:

someone backed into one of my vans today..... in the fukin parking lot, one of my employees 90% sure..... walked out there tonight to find the damage...but no one fuking called me, no fuking note... i'm fukin pissed......

c'mon people....

i'm fuking pissed

That's skeezy, to be sure. But look at the bright side, if you van looks wrecked then it's eight times less likely to be stolen! That's great, isn't it?

I would like to grieve about about Omega 3 Fish Oil supplements. I can not stand the smell or taste of fish. I actually stopped eating Thai (pad thai was my favoritest EVER) when I found out that they cook with a lot of fish oil. I almost threw up.

Can't someone invent a fish that doesn't taste like fish?

I hear they are changing the rules of Scrabble to allow proper nouns such as people's names and products and cities etc. So now you could use Beyonce or Pepsi or Sackville in Scrabble.

How do you control the game? If you are allowing proper names, you can put just about any combination of letters. Someone somewhere is bound to be named that. You can't use a Scrabble dictionary any more. No way they could list every possible name.

No sir, I don't like it.

:mudcat:

I hear they are changing the rules of Scrabble to allow proper nouns such as people's names and products and cities etc. So now you could use Beyonce or Pepsi or Sackville in Scrabble.

How do you control the game? If you are allowing proper names, you can put just about any combination of letters. Someone somewhere is bound to be named that. You can't use a Scrabble dictionary any more. No way they could list every possible name.

No sir, I don't like it.

How odd that you bring this up, because I read this on Google News today as well and was similarly incensed. You're absolutely right, to include proper nouns means you can't confine yourself to just the English language, making almost any combination of letters acceptable. This is just another cog in the gear of making kids feel good about themselves at the expenses of telling them they're dumb and making them read the dictionary. If someone were to circulate a petition protesting this, I would sign it.

I would like to grieve about about Omega 3 Fish Oil supplements. I can not stand the smell or taste of fish. I actually stopped eating Thai (pad thai was my favoritest EVER) when I found out that they cook with a lot of fish oil. I almost threw up.

You've tried the lemon flavor? There's a brand that Whole Foods sells that isn't bad. I can't think of it right now. I find that when it starts tasting bad, my body doesn't need it. Sometimes I can take 6 pills a day and not have a bad taste. But maybe that's just me.

Exhaustion coupled with insomnia.

And Scrabble. That's just plain wrong.

I really have had it with the new 2010 RESPA regulations. I am sick of the new GFE and all of the new rules about disclosures, etc. - it's a bleepin joke and it's just the government trying to cover their asses from years of subprime abuse!

I really have had it with the new 2010 RESPA regulations. I am sick of the new GFE and all of the new rules about disclosures, etc. - it's a bleepin joke and it's just the government trying to cover their asses from years of subprime abuse!

YEAH! What he said.

:clueless: I like shiny things.

How odd that you bring this up, because I read this on Google News today as well and was similarly incensed. You're absolutely right, to include proper nouns means you can't confine yourself to just the English language, making almost any combination of letters acceptable. This is just another cog in the gear of making kids feel good about themselves at the expenses of telling them they're dumb and making them read the dictionary. If someone were to circulate a petition protesting this, I would sign it.

Yes, but just imagine how good it would be to get Jay-Z on a triple word score.

Is the ERA behind this? This will ruin Scrabble for white folks.

You've tried the lemon flavor? There's a brand that Whole Foods sells that isn't bad. I can't think of it right now. I find that when it starts tasting bad, my body doesn't need it. Sometimes I can take 6 pills a day and not have a bad taste. But maybe that's just me.

No, I didn't know that lemon flavor existed. Hmmm...let's see. Lemon flavor, fish flavor. Lemon flavor, fish flavor. I think I will look into lemon flavor. Even when I take one, that nasty thing haunts me the entire day.

No sir, I don't like it.

Agreed but there are already "non words" allowed in scrabble. Stuck with the Z late in the game, nevermind you can stick in "zo" or "azo". WTF is a zo?

hmmmmmm fiiiiiish!
Can you actually taste "fish" when you eat something like seabass?

Robyn had an ex/gf that wanted to eat a fish that did not taste like fish.

Have you tried high quality salmon sashimi?

I tried salmon once and I almost barfed. It was at a resort, but that doesn't always mean it was high quality. I'd have to try it if someone else got it...I'd never order it on my own.